UBC’s Board of Governors has approved the appointment of Rob Einarson as the Associate Vice-President Finance and Operations for UBC’s Okanagan campus.
Mr. Einarson brings considerable experience in university financial management, planning and business operations. He is currently Executive Director of Planning and Process Improvement at the University of Winnipeg, and previously served as Executive Director of Audit Services at the University of Winnipeg, and Audit Manager at the University of Manitoba.
The Associate Vice-President Finance and Operations provides leadership in financial and operational areas of the Okanagan campus, and is a key member of the University’s financial team. This diverse portfolio includes:
- Campus Planning and Development (Campus Planning, Infrastructure Development, Sustainability Operations and Project Management)
- Campus Operations and Risk Management (Facilities Management, Risk Management Services, Campus Security and Campus Mail)
- Business Operations (Student Housing and Hospitality Services, Conferences and Accommodations, Food Services, Bookstore and Parking Services)
- IT, Media and Classroom Services
- UBC-wide joint responsibility for Payment and Procurement Services (including payroll)
Mr. Einarson is a Chartered Accountant and has certification with the Institute of Internal Auditors. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Manitoba.
We welcome Mr. Einarson to UBC later this summer as he joins the Okanagan campus and Finance portfolio leadership teams beginning September 7.