Banners do not require approval from CPD. However, if your proposal does not meet the following requirements, please contact Campus Planning & Development to seek approval.
- Banners are to be composed of lightweight, non-rigid material such as cloth, canvas or similar fabric that is attached to a building and/or University infrastructure for a temporary period of time.
- Only banners prepared by campus organizations, and organizations duly constituted and sanctioned by the UBCSUO and the UBCO Administration may be permitted.
- Approval for posting of banners shall be granted for a period of no more than two weeks in any approved location.
- Banners must be removed by the relevant organization within one day of the expiration of posting approval.
- Banners installed on the appropriate vertical infrastructure (light standard or designated ‘banner pole’) shall be approved through University Relations and Campus Planning & Development.
- The Okanagan Campus Facilities Management Department shall be responsible for installation of banners in the approved locations.
- Banners may only be displayed at the following Okanagan Campus locations:
|BUILDING OR CAMPUS SPACE||LOCATION||DISPLAY SITES|
|Arts||Exterior||East wall facing courtyard|
|Beach Volleyball Courts||Exterior||On safety screen, facing south|
|University Centre||Exterior||From metal awning on south side shading lower-level windows on southeast corner|
|University Centre||Exterior||From roof, on north wall, facing Commons|
|Gym||Interior||From walking track railing, beneath shot clock on west side of concourse|
|Gym||Exterior||From brick columns outside exit to lower level|
|Engineering, Management & Education||Exterior||Wall behind bike racks and emergency phone, at west entrance|
|Administration||Interior||On wall above Bookstore entrance|
|Library||Exterior||From roof, above Tim Hortons, on south side of building|
|Arts & Sciences||Exterior||Facing Research Road, on lattice work adjacent to southeast entrance|
|Fipke||Exterior||Facing corridor between Fipke and Library buildings, along east wall.|
|Creative and Critical Studies||Exterior||At east (main) building entrance|
|Science||Exterior||Above main entry from the courtyard|