Once your individual unit Safe Work Plan is approved, you can access the following resources to support a safe return.
Mandatory training for all staff returning to campus
All UBC employees are required to complete this mandatory training within 30 days of returning to campus, or as soon as possible if they have been working on campus since the remote working arrangements were put in place.
We all need to follow our COVID-19 campus safety rules
Planning and training is just the start of the process. Although there will be fewer people on our campuses, it is vital that we continue to follow public health and WorkSafeBC guidance. UBC has developed some campus rules to ensure the health and safety of our community:
- Assess yourself daily for COVID-19 symptoms
- Stay home if you are ill
- If you have been exposed to someone or have symptoms of COVID-19, complete the BC self-assessment tool and follow the instructions provided
- Stay physically distant as much as possible
See the complete list of COVID-19 Campus Rules [Updated December 15, 2020].
To support your return, you can request the following resources through the Facilities Management Work Order System https://facilities.ok.ubc.ca/ if you need them. Please include a copy of your approval letter in every request:
- Cleaning Kits: cleaning kits containing COVID effective cleaners, disposable paper towels and gloves are available. If you prefer, you can use your own materials for cleaning, but please use our supplementary cleaning information from our infection control website to assist you: https://hse.ok.ubc.ca/covid19infectioncontrol/
- Source Control Shields and Ear Savers: If your plan includes individuals that must work within 2 meters of each other that cannot otherwise be separated, you may need to use non-medical masks, shields or face coverings. We have UBC made face shields and ear savers available if needed. If you have your own supply of these materials, please use them.
- Installation of Barriers or Dispensers: If your plan includes installation of fixed plexiglass barriers or hand sanitizer stations, please allow Facilities Management to assist with the installation.
- Refill of Resources: with increases in cleaning, handwashing and hand rubbing, you may notice paper towels, soap and other resources running out faster. You can request refills through the Facilities Management Work Order System.
Standardized indoor and outdoor signage has been developed including floor decals, directional arrows, and signage for entry-ways, hand-washing, and space occupancy limits.
Learn about self-serve signage and custom options.
Use of Non-Medical Masks
Effective Wednesday, September 16, 2020, UBC students, faculty, staff and visitors are required to wear non-medical masks, when indoors on our campuses. The requirement to wear non-medical masks indoors recognizes that transmission is reduced when face masks are worn in conjunction with physical distancing and other safety practices. Learn more.